Embajada de Costa Rica

E-mail Print PDF

Frequently Asked Questions – Consular Section

1. What do I need in order to travel to Costa Rica as a tourist? Do I need a visa?

To view the entry requirements for visiting Costa Rica as a tourist, please click here.

2. Is an International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever required in order to enter Costa Rica?

In order to check whether you require an International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever to enter Costa Rica, please click here.

3. Which consular procedures cannot be carried out at an Honorary Consulate?

- New passports

- Authorizations and other notarized acts

4. What is the difference between a visa and a residency?

Please click here.

5. What is the cost of the different consular procedures?

To view the cost and method of payment for consular procedures, please click here.

6. What steps must I follow in order to report the loss/theft/damage of my passport?

In case of theft, you must first report it to the local police station and request a copy of the written statement. To view the steps for requesting a new passport, please click here if you are an adult or click here for minors.

7. What are the requirements to take my pet to Costa Rica?

To view the regulations regarding the import of animals, please click here.

8. Whom should I contact in case of emergency?

Costa Ricans who find themselves in an emergency situation abroad may request assistance at the nearest Costa Rican diplomatic mission. If you are in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, or in another country nearby, please call the Embassy or an Honorary Consulate in Germany for assistance.



atencion Ing

extranjero Ing